Avoid Amazon S3 and CloudFront
Amazon AWS S3 and CloudFront are a powerful storage and distribution platform. If you've ever had the pleasure of using AWS, you know its not designed for usability. Setting up S3 is hard enough, but combined with CloudFront, it can leave even tech savvy people bewildered and frustrated.
Here are some of the most common complaints:
- Setup is complex and intensive, and there are lots of configuration "pitfalls".
- It can commonly take more than 30 minutes to setup a configuration.
- Permissions are hard to understand, nested, and difficult to configure.
- Your expected cost is almost impossible to calculate correctly.
- You are charged for storage, transfers, security, region, purges, etc.
- Updating content means uploading a files through the AWS web interface.
- Downloading files and folders is one at a time.
- Version control is difficult to use, its easy to overwrite newer updates.
- Adding a CloudFront as a Content Delivery Network (CDN) is difficult and complicated.
- There are no collaboration tools or capabilities.
- The analytics system is a cryptic "raw logs".
- When you update content, you need to manually invalidate CloudFront's cache.
CloudFront is hard enough to setup that most people don't bother and in our mobile centric world, not utilizing a Content Distribution Network (CDN) cost you users; no one likes "buffering".
Fast Solves These Problems
Fast gives you all the benefits of setting up S3 and CloudFront with non of the downsides. Fast costs less, scales just as well, and uses your existing Cloud Storage instead of S3's clunky website.
Unlike S3 and CloudFront, you can setup Fast in 3 simple steps.
- Connect your existing Cloud Storage (e.g. Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Create a Site (the equivalent of a bucket).
- Add your files through your Cloud Storage; you can do it from your desktop!
With Fast, you manage your content right from your desktop using your Cloud Storage desktop client. When you make changes, additions, or modifications, they are synced automatically. There's no file uploading or download to do, it's "magic".
Fast is built on top of a CDN, so there's nothing to configure, all your requests already use a global CDN network automatically.
Collaboration is simple to use too. Share a file or folder through your Cloud Storage and their changes are synced automatically to the web, just like yours.
Fast provides detailed analytics by gathering your customer activity and integrating it into your existing analytics platform (e.g., Google Analytics, MixPanel). Use the tools your already familiar with.
Our pricing is just as simple as our product. We just have a flat price per GB transferred; there are no charges for analytics, region, storage, purges, etc. On top of all that, Fast is cheaper than S3 and CloudFront! We don't even charge you for dedicated SSL certs.
Fast is perfect for:
- Website Hosting
- Marketing and Sales Materials
- Software Distribution
- Video and Audio Streaming
- FTP/SFTP Replacement